Monday, May 2, 2011

Layout

Alright, well this process appears to be comng to an end finally.  I've got both my sidebar and full copy edited by Dr. Baltrip.  I spent a lot of last week's class period working on the layout of my WetPaint site.  I am a very visual person and feel like the design is very important.  I know that this class is about reporting, but I take a lot of pride in how my final project looks.

I hate the way that WetPaint goes about editing the layout.  It's so frustrating that you can't click and drag the different components.  Everything has to be in line with the cursor which makes for a very slow process to get things the way you want them to look.  There's the option to split the whole screen into a wide left side with a skinny side on the right.  I was originally going to use this option, but I found a way around this because I want my side bar to be the only thing on the right side, and I didn't want it to get in the way of the mortar board graphic that I created.  So I created a table for my side bar.

I'm really happy with how the design turned out, so now all I need to do is edit my drafts, get them looked over again, and then put the final product together!  This is a hectic week for me so hopefully I can get those drafts completed sooner rather than later!

Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment